Hey, some actual MD news! Maybe that OS holy-wars thread will finally
die! Actually, maybe it already has; I kill-filtered it yesterday.

I just read today's news on the MDCP, and the link to the Sony VAIO
article
(http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/ptech/09/21/sony.pc.idg/index.html). The
article says at the end that Sony will be releasing USB-connectable Net
MD drives for PCs... that kicks ass! I was expecting that Net MD would
only be available in the MZ-R910/710/510, or whatever. But with a Net MD
drive, my R700 will live on, and the Net MD drive can stay at my desk
and I won't have to plug and unplug the recorder every time. And perhaps
best of all, Net MD will hopefully put an end to the spotty trackmarking
via DG-2.

Anyone have any more dirt about these Net MD drives? Like why is Sony
releasing two of them, what's the differences? Any ideas about how much
they'll cost? It'd be wise on Sony's part to make them relatively
inexpensive, so maybe people will actually buy MD stuff.

   2
 [)  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 |\  http://rsquared.firest0rm.org/