Yes, I've contracted the dreaded JE-510 grinding bug (which
I believe is a hangover from the turn on bug).

The disc won't eject all the way (just sits there grinding)
and then goes back in again.

After removing the cover I can see the cog that is slipping
against the other one (causing the sound).  The disc is now
out, but the grinding continues (just by turning the power
on).

For those who had the same problem does the method used to
fix the turn-on bug, also help fix the eject problem?  Nothing
appears to be broken/snapped (yet).

The good news is I've convinced my girlfriend that it's
broken and we'll just "have" to buy a new deck. :)  So
your probably asking .. why bother fixing the JE-510?
Well, I'd like to try and fix it first.

Cheers   GuyC