I have a portable DAT and MD.  I much prefer the MD due to editing capablities.  You
have to sit with your
finger on the DAT's pause button if you want to edit out commercials while recording,
you can not edit out unwanted material
latter like you can with MD.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I own a CDR deck, MD deck & portable but the one thing I can't do with all this is
>record a continous 2 or 3 hr FM radio broadcast (and later one day from DAB). OK, my
>MD gear both have MDLP but I'm after quality rather than convenience. LP4 is rubbish
>and LP2 is very listenable, but as others have said, only really for personal/in car
>use. I'm therefore considering a DAT personal. (I can get an Aiwa HD-S200 for UKP150).
> I'd be interested in comparions of DAT with MD if anyone has experience.
> How does taping compare ? Editing is not really an issue. I'm after the ability to
>make continuous long recordings of 2 or 4 hr length.
>
> cheers
> Matt

Dan Hergott, RCDD
(519) 888-4567 EXT: 2454
MFCF Hardware Service
MC-3017

University of Waterloo: "LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!"
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    !!!!!
    +   +

     {_}