OK, from what i have read, the audio cd's with protected content on them
makes the puter either not recognize the cd or takes it to a web site, but
yet you can still make a single generation digital copy via toslink cable.
ummmmm please someone correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't this just mean i
make a copy of the cd in my dual deck cd recorder from
philips/sony/pioneer/etc.... (dont actually have one) then rip that cd?
they say the copy protection is in the toc area, well if that part is
re-written pretty much then thier protection has yet again become moot (yeah
i know some hacker will figure a way to rip music the other way too)  but
does my idea hold water or not?