My portable came with a Xitel AN1. AFAIK it's pretty similar to the Sony
PC-Link. And I tried this Xitel on my standard 7300 PMac on 9.1 with a
PCI USB card, works seamlessly. Plug it in and your Mac's sound output is
directly routed to the USB device. In fact, it seems that the OS
interprets the device as being a pair of USB speakers.
Am I wrong or is the "Griffin iMic Adapter" a cheap device to do the
reverse (audio to USB)? Anyone has experience with this one?