Thanks for the suggestion.
I've looked into Japan-Direct, and they charger a finder's fee,
additional markup, etc.  I think one or more of their employees just
lives in Japan and runs to the store to buy whatever it is someone is
looking for.
I was really hoping to deal directly with a Japanese discount store and
pay the same price that a resident of Japan would pay.

I had asked them about it before, and the price quoted to me was several
hundred dollars above MSRP.

Shawn