Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:19:42 -0600
From: "Bulletin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: MDaemon Bulletin:  Habeas Spam Filter Bypass

Greetings,

Recently, the HABEAS service (www.habeas.com), which is designed to
certify non-spam email messages, has come under attack and is being used
by spammers in an illegal fashion.  HABEAS works by inserting special
email headers inside messages which certify their legitimacy, and such
messages are scored by MDaemon as being legitimate.

Some spammers have figured out how to forge the HABEAS headers and have
begun inserting them into their spam messages.  To counteract this
threat, perform the following steps as noted in our Knowledge Base
Article # KBA-01537
(http://www.altn.com/support/knowledge_base.asp?product_id=MDaemon):

1.  Open the \MDaemon\SpamAssassin\rules\local.cf file with Notepad
2.  Add the following text to the bottom of the file:  score HABEAS_SWE
    0
3.  Save file
4.  Restart MDaemon for the change to take effect immediately (or place
    a blank file called cfilter.sem in the MDaemon\App directory).

This solves the problem.  If you need further assistance, contact our
Technical Support team at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Finally, be ready for the upcoming release of MDaemon 7.0!  MDaemon 7.0
will AUTOMATICALLY make these types of changes for you.  You will not
have to worry about counteracting the ever-changing tactics of spammers
anymore.  We'll handle the worrying for you.  MDaemon 7.0 is slated for
release in the next few weeks.  Make sure your upgrade protection is
current so you'll receive MDaemon 7.0 for FREE.  If you need assistance
with upgrade protection, please contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank you for using MDaemon!

Regards,

Alt-N Technologies
Helping the World Communicate!
http://www.altn.com/
http://www.mdaemon.com/
http://www.relayfax.com/
MDaemon 7.0 is coming!  Faster multi-thread/multi-CPU server engine,
market leading spam control, improved mobile and PDA support, enhanced
security, and killer OWA style web mail.

syafril
-------
Syafril Hermansyah

--
Milis ini untuk Diskusi antar pengguna MDaemon Mail Server.

Arsip          : <http://mdaemon-l.dutaint.com>
Moderator      : <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Henti Langgan  : <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Berlangganan   : <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Versi Terakhir : MD 6.8.5, LD 2.1.0, WA 2.0.5, MDAV 2.2.2, MDGW 1.0.4

Kirim email ke