On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 10:49:37AM +0530, Vivek B Joshi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can I have .mdbrc such that it loads necessary libraries/stab based on
> current OS revision. I mean if I run mdb on S9 machine, it should take
> the library as <s9-path>/<library.so> .

Solaris 9 does not have userland stabs.  For Solaris 10, the core files
will contain all of the necessary CTF and library data, and can be debugged
on any Solaris 10-or-greater machine without any additional magic.

> Similarly, it should choose correct library for S8/S10 if the current
> machine is S8/S10.

mdb doesn't have the necessary infrastructure to support this, especially on
Solaris 8 and 9.

Cheers,
- jonathan

--
Jonathan Adams, Solaris Kernel Development