Mailer 10
#aweber_rem {background-color:#7B8A9A; color:#FFFFFF; border:1px solid
#3D454C; width:515px; text-align:center; margin:auto;} .title
{font-size:18px; color:#237165;} .text {padding:10px 24px 10px 24px;} .name
{font-size:25px; color:#FFFFFF; padding-left:10px;} .info {font-size:10px;
color:#7B7B7B; padding:5px;}     Folio Editions Discontinued - Act Now! 
       Confession Time I've been kicking around the idea of eliminating
folioeditions from our product catalog for well over a month now.  Why? 
Withthe exception of the neat little "feelies" we include in the package,
theexact same game  you can purchase and have shipped to your front door in
afew days time can be downloaded, installed and started in under five
minutesdirectly from the Malinche website. Considering the carbon footprint
issues of purchasing crates of plastic DVD boxes, then using cardboard boxes
to hold the plastic boxes as they travel all over the country on airplanes
and trucks burning up fuel all the while, I've come to scrutinize my 
responsibility as a business leader and a citizen of the world. When you
factor in the higher cost to the consumer (how about 40% higher!) to deliver
a folio edition compared to a digital delivery of the same title the entire
picture becomes clear... ... the Folio Edition doesn't make sense anymore.
What About Infocom Fans? I know, I know.  A lot of die-hard Infocom fans
willbe disappointed by this decision and I apologize for that.  I remember
how excited I was when I first got my hands on the latest Infocom game. 
Apart from the anticipation of what the game had in store for me, I couldn't
wait to see what kind of cool things would be in the box! An Infotater? A
glow-in-the-dark stone? A tiny little plastic bag seemingly empty but
actually containing a microscopic space fleet? A genuine Zorkmid? The
possibilities were endless.... ... but the Infocom era was a different epoch
in the business world.  Infocom had no other way to deliver their products
except via a tangible medium.  "Digital Downloads" while technically
possibleif offered on a dial-in BBS (the most advanced online technology
available at the time) was simply not done in the 1980s.  The standard
publisher -> distributor -> retail distribution channel was the only way to
deliver products to consumers. Thanks to the Internet and ever-improving
technologies, we can charge less money to deliver more product to the
consumer with superior customer service at speeds that were not possible
twenty years ago. Malinche is Infocom 2.0, remember? That's why battleships
are all decommissioned and doing duty as floating museums.  They were (are!)
awesome and majestic... but they have little or no place in a modern fleet
where a tiny cruiser with one tenth the crew complement and much lower fuel
requirements can hurl more firepower faster and further than a battleship
ever could.  As you know, I'm an authority on the subjects of cruisers and
battleships. "While Supplies Last" I've ordered a halt on the production of
any new folio editions of our games.  Collectors, this is your chance to
pickup any titles missing from your collection or to stock up on doubles and
triples for the sake of posterity.  Once our inventory of any title is
depleted, the folio edition of that product will be sold out forever. In
closing let me make one important point crystal clear -- every single title
we sell will remain available for purchase on our website via digital
delivery.  We are discontinuing the folio edition as a delivery method -- we
are not discontinuing any titles. Visit our online store[1] and make your
purchases now.  Every order will be shipped on a first-come, first-served
basis. Keeping this letter short and sweet, I will now get back to work on
Saints in Sin City. Howard Sherman 
1070H Highway 34 #190 Matawan, NJ 07747     

To unsubscribe or change subscriber options visit:
http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?TIycrMystCwMDExMnMyMtEa0zJyMzEwMzA==[2]

[IMG]

--- Links ---
   1 
http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=MqhHx&m=1ejfu4WkJYKjtX&b=Dwz2rPeHwQitAl2BWeyw8A
   2 http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?TIycrMystCwMDExMnMyMtEa0zJyMzEwMzA==

-- 
[email protected] mailing list
Send administrative requests (subscribe, unsubscribe, change options) to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(use "help" in the Subject line for a summary of common options)
You can also use the web interface at:
https://sabahattin-gucukoglu.com/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi
For assistance, contact:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to