On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 12:18:46PM +0100, Sabahattin Gucukoglu wrote:
> There is the nearly-dead (but free, on a referrer basis, and for
> Firefox only) CAPTCHA solution service of WebVisum.  (If anyone
> wants a code, let me know and I'll try and get one out of them.)

Might as well throw in my $0.02 worth. I had a look at webvisum a few
days ago, but a couple of things put me off it. First, it seems like
they helpfully process every page you load. I find that to be an
invasion of my privacy, and didn't see a way to invoke webvisum only
when I need it. Second, when trying to create an account, I discovered
not only that I need an invitation, but the page describing how to
get one comes back with a 404 error. That's when I said screw this,
and uninstalled the plugin.

> Solona, which was human-based, albeit with "Ordinary" humans as
> opposed to sweatshop workers, is long dead.

I was wondering what happened to them. Does anyone know? One thing I
do miss is their package identification service, where you could
submit an image, and one or more questions about the image. I used that
a couple of times, and don't know of an alternative, free or
otherwise.

Greg


-- 
web site: http://www.gregn.net
gpg public key: http://www.gregn.net/pubkey.asc
skype: gregn1
(authorization required, add me to your contacts list first)

--
Free domains: http://www.eu.org/ or mail [email protected]
_______________________________________________
Me-mates mailing list
[email protected]
http://sabahattin-gucukoglu.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/me-mates

Reply via email to