Yeah, I know there’s always the lossy, analog process, and I think CD-writing 
is still an option.  But of course, it’s slow, painful, and produces larger 
files (flac) than are input.

However, even though it can’t help my brother, I’ve learned of a new tool 
called “Inaudible” that knows how to losslessly decrypt AAX files into their 
M4B equivalents.  If I can get this working, I’m going to do a weekend project 
of securing my Audible books.  It’s sad that the only time you learn the true 
horror of DRM is when it fails, badly, but I’m not going to get caught out by 
it, and if it means I can still get the content without the protection, then of 
course I will.  The downside to this is that i’d continue to financially 
support Audible, so I guess I still need to find an alternative.  There is 
downpour.com; I could try that.

_______________________________________________
Me-mates mailing list
[email protected]
https://sabahattin-gucukoglu.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/me-mates

Reply via email to