Hi there,

The max age tells the recording engine to keep data around until the max age is
passed. Since the smallest chunk of data to reason about in the file repository
is a chunk, that usually means a little bit more. It’s only for controlling
what data to keep in the repo - a simple mechanism to limit it.

Every chunk is self contained. Even though it is not supported, there are
people who simply copy chunks from the repo continuously. I know one example
where this is done in a massive deployment, and where hundreds of thousands of
recordings from select instances are passed through an automated script to look
for certain patterns. A developer estimated 95% of the issues encountered are
solved using nothing but the recording data.

Kind regards,
Marcus