What OS distro and kernel version are you running? I also because any time
someone mentions "interesting" behavior with futex_wait, my knee-jerk
reaction is to first rule out the issue described in this previous posting
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mechanical-sympathy/QbmpZxp6C64/BonaHiVbEmsJ>
before spending too much time investigating other things. Ruling it out is
quick and easy (make sure your kernel is not in the version ranges affected
by the bug described), so well worth doing as a first step.

Assuming you issue is NOT the one linked to above. You have some analysis
and digging to do. I'd say that when having 200 actually active JVMs run on
80 cpus, seeing significant time spent in futex_wait is not necessarily a
surprising situation. It [heavily] depends on what what the applications
are actually doing, and what their activity patterns look like. You'd need
to study that and start drilling down for explanations from there.
Speculating about the cause (and potential solutions) based on the info
below would be premature.