I discovered that the system wasn't effectively utilizing the cpu's.
Initially I thought it was caused by cpu throttling due to overheating, but
after reading out the temperatures, this hypotheses is not correct.

I have increased the number of threads that generate requests. And  the a
saw pattern on the cpu load disappears (forking and joining) and it remains
constant at roughly 80%. And currently I'm at a aggregating 55 GB/s.

I also played with 50GB offheap chunk and I'm up to 68 GB/s.

It would still be interesting to know if there is a tool that can show the
maximum bandwidth of the memory bus.