Correctly instrumented performance testing makes test subjects act like quantum
particles. The act of observation changes the result. If you are only
interested in black box testing at the boundary, I have had some luck with
wrk2, but do keep in mind, there are so many different variables from message
size to network config to proximity between nodes that precise accounting of
all these variables in black box testing is easy to get wrong. And this does
not even get into garbage collection or vm overheads if these variables are
involved. Proceed with caution.

Sent from my iPhone