Hello everyone.

I am looking at a case where around 30% of CPU time is spent by the JVM in
deoptimizations (done the profile with async-profiler).

I can locally reproduce the case. The log just explodes with deoptimization
messages. A few methods get deoptimized all the time. I didn't stopwatch
the deoptimization log count but it is in the order 100s-1000s of them in a
span of few seconds - consistently.

Did JIT eliminate a branch by mistake? Then it figured it should be there?

If there is a high number of method calls, could it trigger some dead code
elimination prematurely?

Any ideas?

Thank you
Alen