Kisah sedih ditutupnya sebuah penerbitan media cetak ternyata tak cuma terjadi
di Indonesia, tetapi belakangan ini di Amerika Serikat pun punya kisah sama.
Kenapa? Apa penyebabnya?

  Saya jadi teringat ucapan seorang eksekutif dari Vintedge, interactive agency
yang baru beroperasi di Indonesia, seminggu lalu:

  Internet usage and broadband penetration have been taking an exponential
growth in Indonesia. In some target segments, especially the youth and young
executive, internet has replaced other media such as newspaper, TV and magazine
as the most important source of information. This is a clear indication on the
importance for our client to include internet as part of their business
strategy in order to communicate and reach out to their target audience.

With the growing importance of internet in these countries, companies must be
able to understand the user's behaviour on the internet, find ways to reach out
to them, in the process, be able to measure user's response to all their online
marketing activities. And that is what Vintedge is good at!

Conde Nast closing down Jane magazine
Mon Jul 9, 2007 2:46PM EDT

  NEW YORK (Reuters) - Conde Nast is closing down Jane magazine after a 10-year
run for the fashion and beauty publication targeted at women in their 20s, the
publisher said on Monday.

  The August issue will be the last published by Conde Nast, which is also
closing down the magazine's associated Web site.

  "We worked diligently to make Jane a success. However, we have come to
believe that the magazine and Web site will not fulfill our long-term business
expectations," Conde Nast Publications Chief Executive Charles Townsend said in
a statement.

  Jane, which has struggled with depressed advertising, was founded in 1997 by
Jane Pratt. In 2005, Pratt left the magazine.

  Conde Nast also publishes Vogue and GQ, among other magazines.

http://www.reuters.com/article/industryNews/idUSN0930109720070709

  © Reuters 2007. All rights reserved.

Kirim email ke