***Ternyata 'rasa sayang' tidak penuh dengan sayang2an.

***Cara gampang saja, survey radio/tv di Malaysia dan Indonesia, lagu2
Indonesia atau Malaysia lebih banyak/populer.

***Malaysia menjadi berani karena banyak TKI + TKW bekerjada di sana. Jadi
pikirnya mau tidak mau, Indonesia harus ngalah.

***Sebetulnya, tanpa TKI + TKW, Malaysia juga sengsara. Indonesia tidak usah
ragu2, buktikan saja lagu 'rasa sayang' adalah lagu asli Indonesia

***Rindu Bung Karno ? Kenapa tidak ? Ganyang Malaysia babak II ? Hidup 'rasa
sayang'.

Your song or mine?

Associated Press

JAKARTA, Oct. 3: A catchy song in a Malaysian overseas tourism promotion
campaign has hit the wrong note with neighbour Indonesia.

The Indonesians have accused the Malaysians of stealing the song ~ Rasa Sayang,
or Feeling of Love ~ from them and are now considering suing.

Indonesian tourism and cultural minister Mr Jero Wacik said today he was
investigating whether Indonesia could claim copyright and had scheduled a
meeting with legislators, one of whom has called for legal action against Kuala
Lumpur.

“Our two nations come from the same stock, so our songs are sung in Malaysia
and the other way around, but for commercial use, ethically there should be a
legal notice,” Mr Wacik told reporters.

“In this case there was none because they (the Malaysians) said they have sung
it for ages.”

The two countries share Islam as their main religion and have close cultural
links with similar national languages. But they also have a history of testy
relations that are regularly fanned by nationalist politicians in Indonesia,
often for domestic political reasons.

Indonesian House of Representatives member Mr Hakam Naja said Jakarta should
consider action against Malaysia for using Rasa Sayang in a campaign to mark
the country’s 50th anniversary currently running on radio, television and
online.

“We want a proportional response,” said Mr Hakam today. “We ask the ministry to
sue Malaysia, but only after checking the origin of the song. We should not let
other countries misuse any of our national heritage.”

However, Malaysian tourism minister Mr Adnan Mansor was quoted by The Star and
New Straits Times today saying that the song had its origin in both countries.

“Indonesia cannot claim that the song is theirs,” Mr Adnan said. “As far as I
know, we have been singing the song for ages,” he said.

Mr Adnan could not be immediately reached for comment. A Malaysia tourism
ministry spokesman, who declined to be named citing protocol, confirmed Mr
Adnan’s comments but couldn't give further details. Mr Hakam has also accused
Malaysia of claiming ownership of traditional Indonesian heritage such as batik
art using dye fabrics and the shadow puppet theater, the report added.

Malaysian culture, arts and heritage minister Mr Rais Yatim has rejected Mr
Hakam’s allegations and warned Indonesia that a law suit could hurt bilateral
ties, the national Bernama News Agency said. “Indonesia or other parties will
not be able to prove who was the composer of the song,” he said in the report.
“If Indonesia wants to pursue the matter, it will face a dead end and will also
affect Malaysia-Indonesia relations.”

http://www.thestatesman.net/page.news.php?clid=8&theme=&usrsess=1&id=172335

Kirim email ke