I was notified that this software is also available for free:
http://www.iskysoft.com/flv-converter-windows.html

iSkysoft FLV Converter for Windowsv2.3.2

FLV Converter for Windows is designed to convert popular videos to
Youtube FLV or convert FLV video to popular video formats such as
convert flv to avi, flv to mp4, etc. This FLV Video Converter is capable
of converting most standard videos files like AVI, WMV, RM, RMVB, MOV,
MKV, ASF, MPG, and MPEG. What's more, it gives a full support to High
Definition videos such as HD MKV (H.264, MPEG-2), HD WMV (VC-1), MTS
(AVCHD, H.264), M2TS (AVCHD, H.264),etc.

The powerful editing performances empower you to crop, clip, adjust
video effect, add watermark and plug-in subtitle. It helps you get
tailor-made video/audio for uploading onto YouTube or transferring to
your portable devices. It gives a full support to Windows 7.

Note: Giveaway for three months, expired on September 1st, 2010. You can
get iSkysoft FLV Converter for Windows for free. Enter your email
address and the keycode will be sent to you. You can't get free upgrade
and technical support.

Greg Williams