http://corporate.discovery.com/discovery-news/statement-from-discovery-c
ommunications/

Statement from Discovery Communications

September 1, 2010

(Silver Spring, Md.) David Leavy, Discovery Communications Executive
Vice President Global Communications and Corporate Affairs stated:

"First and foremost, Discovery Communications wants to express how
relieved and grateful we are that all employees and the children from
the Discovery Kids Place daycare center are safe. Employees in Silver
Spring demonstrated courage, compassion and cooperation throughout the
situation, which aided law enforcement efforts -- for which we are
thankful and proud.

In coordination with Montgomery County, Md., Police, an evacuation
procedure was executed for all persons in the building. The evacuation
procedures were handled with professionalism and with safety as
Discovery's primary concern. Discovery thanks the Montgomery County
Police and Fire & Rescue and other state and federal safety personnel
whose quick thinking and fast action ensured the safety of the employees
and children in the building as well as the Silver Spring, Md.,
community.

The events of today showed the strong heart of the Discovery family."