On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Chad <innocentkil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> (sending to main tech lists, crossposted to Tech Blog[0], feel free to forward
> anywhere else you'd like)
>
> Greetings MediaWiki hackers!
>
> I am pleased to announce the upcoming MediaWiki Hack-A-Ton in Washington, DC.
>
> As you are all aware, every year in April our good friends at
> Wikimedia Deutschland
> host the annual "MediaWiki Developers Meetup" in Berlin. At that
> event, the program
> is focused on demonstrations, workshops and small group discussions. To
> complement this, we're planning the DC meetup to be focused solely on hacking,
> bugfixing and getting down and dirty with the code.
>
> We're scheduling this for October 22nd-24th in Washington, DC. Some of
> the details
> haven't been ironed out yet, but will be announced over the coming
> days as it is.
> So clear your calendars, and keep your eyes on MediaWiki.org[1] and the
> mailing
> lists for more information.
>
> Some travel assistance may be available for those coming a long way. I've also
> been told there will be swag of some sort for attendees :)
>

> -Chad
>
> [0] http://techblog.wikimedia.org/2010/09/hack-a-ton-dc/
> [1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Hack-A-Ton_DC

Re-sending as a second invitation to those who are interested
(and please feel free to pass it along to others). The page on
MediaWiki.org has been updated recently with additional
information.

The exact area of DC we will be in is called Tyson's Corner.
We're talking with two hotels right now, so we should have
an answer on which of the two we'll be staying at in the next
day I hope.

Also, a few people have asked me about getting funding for
travel expenses. So if you'd like to come and money is an
issue for you, please talk with Danese (dan...@wikimedia.org)

Thanks, and I hope to see you all there!

-Chad