On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 8:09 PM, Roan Kattouw <roan.katt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/1/4 Marc Kerbiquet <mkerbiq...@gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there an option to get absolute URLs with action=parse ?
>>
>> For instance, I would like to get "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...";
>> instead of "/wiki/..." in src and href attributes. I can parse the HTML
>> returned by the API and transform URLs, but I wonder if there is an
>> easier method.
>>
> action=render does this:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Albert_Einstein&action=render
>
> Having it in action=parse would be nice, but because of the way this
> stuff is written (checking whether the action parameter equals
> 'render' and adding it if so) that's probably tricky.
>
> Roan Kattouw (Catrope)

Thanks, but I forgot to mention that I also use the 'text' attribute and
the headhtml prop in a POST with action=parse. I use this command to
implement a preview in an external editor (the text is not in the database
yet).

It would be nice if it was possible to implement an option to get absolute
urls but a simple replace does the trick as long as the page does not
contain source HTML :-)

Cheers,
Marc