Hello,

Is there a way for the API to tell me the English name of a language?

For example, using the code "fr", I'd like it to get "French" (not "Français").

This API call gives me a list of all the languages, with their local
names, but I would like their English names:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&meta=siteinfo&siprop=languages

     <lang code="en" xml:space="preserve">English</lang>
     <lang code="fr" xml:space="preserve">Français</lang>
     <lang code="es" xml:space="preserve">Español</lang>
     <lang code="ja" xml:space="preserve">日本語</lang>
     <lang code="ru" xml:space="preserve">Русский</lang>

This page lists all the Wikipedias, with the English name for the
language in the second column, but I don't know whether that info is
accessible by API:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wikipedias#1_000_000.2B_articles

  1     English English en
  3     French  Français        fr
  7     Spanish Español es
  6     Japanese        日本語     ja
  10    Russian Русский ru

Thank you, and happy birthday Wikipedia!

Kai Carver (Kaicarver)
Paris, France