Hi,

I joined this group today in the hope that I will get help with one API
issue I am having now. I am trying to get the number of user edits through
an AJAX call. I have tested this script in English Wikipedia and Malayalam
Wikipedia and it works there in all browsers. But this script is not working
in *Wikipedia Commons*.

Pasting my script below. Any help with this is appreciated.

/***********************************************************************************************************/
*function* liveEditCounter(username)
{
    *var* xhr;
    *try* { xhr = *new* XMLHttpRequest(); }
    *catch*(e)
    {
      xhr = *new* ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
    }

    xhr.onreadystatechange = *function*()
    {
         *if*(xhr.readyState  == 4)
         {
              *if*(xhr.status  == 200 || xhr.status == 0) {
*var* jsonOutput = *eval*('(' + xhr.responseText + ')');
document.getElementById("firstHeading").innerHTML = document.getElementById(
"firstHeading").innerHTML + " (Edits: " + jsonOutput.query.users[0].
editcount + ")";
              }
         }
    };

   xhr.open('GET', "
http://commons.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=users&ususers="+
username+"&usprop=editcount&format=json",  *true*);
   xhr.send(*null*);
}

The issue here is that xhr.responseText is returning me a blank value.

Thanks for the help in advance.
- Sreejith K.