Hi everyone,

I'm involved in a project that would like to contact Wikipedia users via
email.  I'm wondering whether I will need to get approval from the Bot
Approval Group (BAG) to run a script that will contact up to several
thousand emailable users via the Wikipedia API (to ask users to
participate in a research study.)  I'm under the impression that 1)
since I can email users using the API without special privileges and 2)
I wouldn't be making any edits to the Wikipedia, I wouldn't need
approval from BAG.   However, is the possibility that my emails will be
construed as spam and my script and account be blocked as a result?
Should I run this scenario by BAG before running my email script?

Thanks,
-Raymond (User:RaymondYee)