Fra: mediawiki-api-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:mediawiki-api-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] På vegne av Roan Kattouw
Sendt: 8. februar 2011 23:58
Til: MediaWiki API announcements & discussion
Emne: Re: [Mediawiki-api] Richer JSONP result & call limit?

2011/2/8 Fossan, Eirik Wallem <eirik.wallem.fos...@aftenposten.no>:
> I'm building an interactive graphic for a newspaper and there might be
> substantial traffic to your API. Is there a limit to how many calls you allow?

If you're just hitting the opensearch interface, as you suggest below,
it ought to be fine. Our own search suggestions also use the API, and
they're probably used more than a widget on Aftenposten's website :)

> Also, is it possible to get a richer JSONP result, similar to XML where
> description and URL is included? I'm comparing this:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=opensearch&format=xml&limit=5&search=ltte
>  to this
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=opensearch&format=json&limit=5&callback=myJsonpFunction&search=ltte>
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=opensearch&format=json&limit=5&callback=myJsonpFunction&search=ltte

Unfortunately, no, not from action=opensearch. The fact that we don't
offer this information in all formats kinda sucks; it's because the
JSON format and XML format are different standards for returning
search results. URLs are trivial to generate, though, with
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagename_with_underscores_instead_of_spaces

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)