On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 5:44 AM,  <richardcav...@mail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm coding a Wikipedia bot framework (not using any existing framework)
> for use on en-wiki.  I'm a little confused by the documentation of edit
> tokens.  Which is the correct approach:
>
> 1.  My bot obtains an edit token using the Main page as a nominal
> title, saves the edit token and then uses it in every subsequent
> attempt to edit.
>
> or
>
> 2.  My bot queries each page to obtain an edit token before attempting
> to edit.

Number 1. An edit token remains the same during a single session, so
there is no need to request a page just for the edit token, at least
not to do it more than once. You might add code to change the edit
token every time you happen to request a page that contains one.

--
André Engels, andreeng...@gmail.com