Hi everyone.  I'm building a Wikipedia bot.

My bot finds out the timestamp and author of the current version of a
page in one query, like this :

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&prop=revisions&format=xml&titles=User:RichardcavellBot/Status

If there is vandalism on the page, it attempts to find out the revid
and name of the author of the previous author of the page, like this :

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&prop=revisions&format=xml&rvexcludeuser=RichardcavellBot&titles=User:RichardcavellBot/Status

If there is no other author other than the current author, then it will
not give a result.  Note that the previous author may be 1 or 10
revisions ago - it simply means the person who edited it most recently
other than the current author.

Now, is there a way for me to combine these queries into one?  That is,
can I get the present author of the page and the previous author in one
call, knowing that the present author may be responsible for 1 or
several revisions, and that there may be no previous author ?

Richard