Also a valid solution, but that would require THAT greasemonkey script
being on each person's computer who is viewing it, and each person
viewing it using a greasemonkey'able browser.

This is literally being used in a static html file. which means NO
code is loading it. just a plain simple html frameset directly loading
a url all on its own.
its used by different people, in different browsers. its not even
hosted on a server, its sitting on a dropbox url.
its meant to monitor the monitors, so it cant be down if we're down.

I'm going to let it drop, since the thing i needed doesnt exist, any
solution people give will not work for what i originally asked, or
will be single view hacks (also not acceptable). i'm going to just
live with it i guess ><