Hi,

I'm creating a .Net library to access the API, but I'm not sure how to
approach selecting what properties should the result have.

For example, when the user wants to access “info” of some page, I want
to offer him all the available properties. And if he selects “length”
and “fullurl”, I should form URL like

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&prop=info&titles=Main%20Page&inprop=url

The “length” property is included by default, and “fullurl” is added
by “inprop=url”.

I can get most other information about the structure of the API by
using “action=paraminfo”, but information about what result properties
are available and how they correspond to the prop values seems to be
missing.

Is this information available somewhere? Is trying the query and
seeing what properties are returned the best I can do currently? Do
you think it would be a good idea if I (or someone else) modified
“action=paraminfo” to include this information in some form?

Petr Onderka
[[en:User:Svick]]