Hi,

if I'm making a query using one of the prop modules, can I rely on the
fact that all results for certain page will be together in the API
pages?
In other words, if I find some results for some page on API page n and
no results on API page n+1, can I be sure there will be no results on
pages > n?

Why do I want to know this:

I am writing a library to access the API and every collection in my
library is lazy.

For example, a user requests to know categories of pages in
Category:Query languages.

When he starts iterating over the result, I execute the query:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&generator=categorymembers&gcmtitle=Category:Query%20languages&prop=categories

When he then requests to know the categories of the third page in the
result (Access query language),
I will return to him the categories from the first query. If he
requests more, I execute the query:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&generator=categorymembers&gcmtitle=Category:Query%20languages&prop=categories&clcontinue=494528|All%20pages%20needing%20cleanup

This query doesn't give me any new categories for that page.
My question is: can I be sure that I won't get any further results for
this page, if I continue to increment clcontinue?

I think the answer is yes in this specific case, because the first
part of clcontinue is pageid,
but I am interested in the general answer: does the same apply for all
prop modules?

Thanks,
Petr Onderka
[[en:User:Svick]]