On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 11:38 PM, Nicolas Vervelle <nverve...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I haven't followed the latest modifications on action login, but users of
> WPCleaner have been complaining for a few days that they couldn't do any
> modifications through WPCleaner, getting an error message saying that they
> must be logged in to update pages.
>
> I was away for few days, so I didn't have a chance to look at that before
> now. After a quick investigation, I found that action login doesn't return
> a lgtoken in its answer, just a lguserid and a lgusername.
>
> Is it normal that lgtoken is not returned anymore ? What's the correct way
> to login through the API that won't break again in the next months ?

The relevant deprecation announcement is
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-api/2015-December/003677.html
In short, rely on standard HTTP semantics for cookie handling. WPCleaner is
written in Java so this probably means using a CookieManager.

If you haven't been following API deprecation notices for the last ten or
so months,
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-api/2016-January/003686.html
might also be of interest.