Hi all,

I've been hacking at this for a while and hoping someone has solved it.

I am trying to set up MediaWiki with LDAP so users from a remote network
must log in, but it's optional on the local network. I don't want users to
have to log in twice, so I set up Extension:AutomaticREMOTE_USER (htauth) which
works well for remote users, but I can't determine a good way to permit
login for local users in the same instance.

I've tried a variety of hacks, including setting a directory where the
local user must log in then directing them back, but Apache won't pass
REMOTE_USER in the MW directory for a local user, and other hacks are all
ugly in one way or another. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

David