On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Tim Ware <t...@hyperarts.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm hosted at Dreamhost (and don't really recommend it....). Sometime
> last night I got an email informing me that they'd switched me from
> one server to another (an emergency) and that everything'd be alright.
>
> Nope. I have about 7 wikis running off this server and now and with
> one of them, I get this error when trying to access via browser:
>
> Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties.
>
> Try waiting a few minutes and reloading.
>
> (Can't contact the database server: Access denied for user
> 'redbug'@'sawerni.com' (using password: YES) (mysql.pynchonwiki.com))
>
> and the other throws a 500 Internal Server Error.
>
> They told me to change all my paths from:   /home/.laker/username  to /
> home/username wherever anything is configured.
>
> I suspect that somewhere in the MW (v 1.13.x) directory there's a file
> that specifies the old, now-incorrect path, but I can't find it.
>
> Any thoughts? Thanks!
> Tim

Check the database credentials specified in LocalSettings.php.  Can you log
in to phpMyAdmin at <mysql.pynchonwiki.com> with them?  Switching servers
shouldn't affect access to the database, so it's possible that DH made a
mistake in the move; feel free to contact their support.

For the internal server errors, follow MediaWiki's debugging instructions <
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/How_to_debug>.  Your server's error log is
located at /home/username/logs/http/error.log.