Platonides wrote:
> Henry Hartley wrote:
>
>> I cannot edit MediaWiki:Sidebar. The page Special:ListUsers/bureaucrat
>> shows my user ID as both Bureaucrat and Administrator. Even so, when I
>> go to MediaWiki:Sidebar I get no edit button. When I go to
>> MediaWiki:Sidebar&action=edit I get a blank page. Finally, using
>> ?title=MediaWiki:Sidebar&action=edit gives me the "View source" version
>> rather than the Edit version, leading me to believe the system doesn't
>> recognize my rights to edit this. It's unclear to me why.
>>
> Looks like you aren't being logged in. Do you see your name on the top?
> Can you edit other pages? Which name is presented on the history?

My name does show up and when I edit other pages it has my name in the
history. I'm at home now so this may be totally a coincidence. I just
logged in and saw that my name was at the top of the page. The main page
has an edit tab. I went to MediaWiki:Sidebar and there was no edit tab.
However, there is a create tab and when I clicked on that it went to an
edit page and let me edit the page. When I saved it, I get the page and
now there is an edit tab. So, does this special page not actually exist
until you create it the first time? Odd and certainly not intuitive but
I can live with it. Anyway, sorry to take your time. It's working now.

--
Henry