--- On Wed, 11/25/09, Daniel Kinzler <dan...@brightbyte.de> wrote:

> yes, that is exactly what it is intended for. it can use pretty much any
> authentication mechanism, on any machine.
Sorry, I still don't get it, acctually am more confusing.

On the auth plugin page http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/AuthPlugin, it tells two
kinds of plugins -- one is "Existing authentication plugins", and the other is
"Creating new authentication plugins".
The first one directs to Category:User identity extensions, which includes all
different kind of extensions (and the Auth viaMySQL extension).
The second one asks people to "write your own plugin", which is obviously not
what I could do because I am not good at PHP coding.

So, which one matches my need most?
Thanks,
Ross