Ron Laufer wrote:
> I've had a couple images uploaded to my wiki that are so big, it seems they
> make my thumbnail program crash.  If you just display them on a wiki page as
> is, it's fine, but if you try to |thumb them, the page won't load and give a
> blank white screen.  Similarly, if you try to go to the image's page to
> upload a new version, you get the white page again (because of the automatic
> thumbnail created for each version of the image)
> 1) Is there any way to delete these files without going to their own page?
> 2) Is there a way to set a file upload size limit to avoid this in the future?
> Thanks,
>
> Ron

Increase php memory limit.
Or use an external program to resize the images (eg. imagemagick). This
way, a thumbnail failure won't affect the php execution (blank page =
php error).
Instead of a pure file size limit you'd want to limit the image area.
Moreover, some images can be converted withouut having to store all of
them in memory (perhaps libgd doesn't give that option?).