Hi List,

this is my first posting into this mailinglist, so please excuse me if I am
doing sth wrong. I am maintaining an company-wide, internaly used mediawiki
installation (Version 1.12). Now, the users of this list have asked me how to
link into localy saved documents, stored on a server-system. I know, this is
not the normal way of doing things, but my colleagues asked me to do so as they
don't want to turn the documents into html or anything, just linking them so
they open (Rules for Firefox / Internet Explorer apply). Additionaly I can't
force them into typing wiki-code itself, so we're using the TinyMCE Plugin to
edit content.

Problem: all the links to be made will contain "space" characters, so a path
will look like this: file:\\srv1\Resources & Databases\WIKI
development\used\*.odt. There is no way to replace the backspace characters on
the server itself...

I tried the extensions I found on this topic, (for example
http://www.easy-coding.de/mediawiki-filelinkextension-t1475.html), but they did
not work.

Are there any other extensions recommended, any hints? Otherwise I am stuck in
this mediawiki project unfortunatly.

Kind Regards,
Michael