Hi all,

I have been installing many mediawiki wikis over the past few years using a
remote mysql server.  I do not use the mysql "root" account but instead use
another user, which has had the proper privileges to install the database,
until version 1.16.0.  When I install the mediawiki version 1.16.0 into my
document root directory and run the installation, the installation runs fine up
to "Granting user permissions..." at which point I get:

Query "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON 'database_name'.* TO 'database_user'@'%'
IDENTIFIED BY 'database_password' " failed with error code "Access denied for
user mysql_u...@mysql_host to database 'database_name' (database_server)".

Just to make sure all was ok I was able to install version 1.15.2 without error.

Have the privilege requirements for the database user privileges changed from
1.15 to 1.16 for installing mediawiki?  I did not see any mention of this in
the release notes.  I am using mysql version 5.1.16-beta.

Any help appreciated...

-Jim