On Wed, 01 Dec 2010, Gary Roush wrote:

> Uploading files is finally fixed.  After escalating help with
> ReadyHosting to level 3, I finally found someone who could change the
> image directory permissions to "full" (their term).  That solved the
> problem, but interestingly when I look at the directory permissions
> using FileZilla, it still shows 755.  No idea why it does not show
> 777, but since file upload now works I am done with this.

I believe what's crucial here is that the web server software be
able to write to the directory.  You're right that changing the
directory permissions to 755 wouldn't fix this.  Changing the
ownership of the directory to the account under which your web
server software runs, however, might.

--
David Benfell <benf...@parts-unknown.org>
http://www.parts-unknown.org/