There's two issues I'm having after upgrading from 1.16.5 to 1.18.0:

1. Some people (including me) had included "DatabaseFunctions.php" in their
extensions, for example by doing:
include_once './extensions/DatabaseFunctions.php';

1.17 took that file out (file: History):
=== Configuration changes in 1.17 ===
* DatabaseFunctions.php that was needed for compatibility with pre-1.3
extensions has been removed.

I was using the database functions for example:
$my_query = wfQuery($this_query, DB_WRITE);

I can fix that temporarily by copying that file and using it but I want to work
with whatever is "new" now so I dont use any old methods.

2. I'm also getting this in a few extensions:
Fatal error: Call to a member function addMessage() on a non-object in
[...]/extensions/MetaDescriptionTag.php on line 72

That function is being used like this: $wgMessageCache->addMessage

Anyone know any workarounds? I'm going to work on it in any case in the next
few days and will report back if I'm successful.