Quite frankly this is some pretty bad advice.

Firstly don't forget the parser cache. The parser cache will mean that the
page output will be cached in either logged-in or logged-out form and
people that are supposed to see the other form will see the wrong one.
Additionally it's a ridiculous suggestion, you're not even hiding the page
you're just wrapping the content with some css and making it look like the
content isn't there when the whole page is there and the whole content is
there to see.

MediaWiki is not built for partial-read restriction, don't do it.