On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 10:18:46 -0800, Joseph Spenner <joseph85...@yahoo.com> wrote:

________________________________
 From: Henny Savenije <webmas...@henny-savenije.pe.kr>
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list <mediawiki-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 4, 2012 10:13 AM
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki replication?
At 01:44 AM 2/5/2012, you wrote:
Also very interested in this for 2 reasons. 1) I too have mirrors of my wiki, that don't get updated like they should because of the pain that it is. 2) sandbox testing of upgrades.

I am running a replica of a media wiki (not the images though but I guess I could do that too with a cron job) I use mysqldumper to make a dump and put it on the other server and run a cron job there to restore the dump into the other database. works fine.

On Feb 4, 2012, at 11:05 AM, Joseph Spenner <joseph85...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there a way/tool/application to replicate a MediaWiki server to other servers? I'd like to be able to have local copies of a MediaWiki at several locations, in the event some locations become unreachable. The updates to the wiki wouldn't be too frequent, so I wouldn't have to worry much about a sync taking place during an update. In fact, I'd be ok doing a nightly sync.
>
> Any help would be great.
>
> Thanks!

So, the entries in the MediaWiki are stored in mysql, and the attachments are stored in a directory? If it were a flat filesystem for everything, and rsync would do the trick since it would only pick up the changes. This would also allow bi-directional updates.

You could use sqlite for the database, then you could just rsync.