Hi all-

Is there anyone who knows of an extension or work around for retrieving the
REVISIONTIMESTAMP of a template without it picking up the page’s timestamp. I
have a page which is a complex table/chart. The columns of the table are
constructed from Templates, which all call a standard format template. To
update the table, you just edit the column Template’s variables. Probably not
the most efficient way, but I put it together a while back. It actually works
quite well. The table for the page would have been too complex and confusing
for others to update. This way someone just updates one or two of the rows one
column at a time.

The way it is now:
Chart (Row Header Temp,Temp1, Temp2, Temp3, Temp4, Temp5)

I find myself wanting to automate the chart modification date. Instead of by
hand as it is now, it would be so much easier to use REVISIONTIMESTAMP. The
problem of course is the magic word is called on the actual page it is being
rendered on. I was trying to use the variable extension, but I guess when a
template is called only the information between the <includeonly> tags is even
parsed? Is that correct? I though I could set a variable outside of them, but
it appears the whole page is not parsed on a template inclusion.

Yes, semantic-mediawiki would make it so much easier, but it isn’t an option at
this time.

Thanks
Tom