Cross-posting from Gerrit. https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/25170/

I support this change because:

   - 1. Getting rid of legacy templates simplifies our template system and
   makes it much easier for us to improve it or migrate existing skins to a
   new system.
   - 2. The user experience while using legacy skins is horrible.
   CologneBlue, Modern and Monobook are pretty bad. Vector is are barely
   adequate. We should be focused on improving Vector (or making a new skin)
   so our users can have at least one excellent skin. Anything that distracts
   from that focus is a waste of effort that doesn't help users.
   - 3. The statistics I've seen about people who are using legacy skins
   shows that they are a very small subset (easily less than 1%) and a
   majority of the accounts appear to be abandoned. I would love to see some
   hard numbers be shared here as well though.

- Trevor