Hi, we have a fairly large MediaWiki install and I've been porting it to run on
Heroku. Part of this has been upgrading from 1.13 to 1.20 and moving images
from the on-disk /images directory to S3 (the move to use S3 is required
because Heroku doesn't support a filesystem).

We are using LocalS3Repo extension (modified). Running on Heroku…

When I upload a file it only puts the file on S3. It does not put the file in a
/thumb/ directory. This seems to be a fact of life right now. But the WIKI will
generate URLs for images as-if the thumbnail image was also uploaded...

For example: if I upload a file called "test_upload1.jpg" I see this file on S3:

        http://s3.amazonaws.com/[BUCKET]/images/a/a7/Test_upload1.jpg

Which works with this Wiki Markup:

                [[File:test-upload1.jpg]]

But if I use the following Wiki Markup:

        [[File:test-upload1.jpg|50px]]

the URL for that IMG tag is :

http://s3.amazonaws.com/[BUCKET]/images/thumb/a/a7/Test_upload1.jpg/50px-Test_upload1.jpg

This wont work with my system because the thumbnail isn't generated.

-----------------
How do I make the Wiki just always use the SAME URL:

                http://s3.amazonaws.com/[BUCKET]/images/a/a7/Test_upload1.jpg

no matter what size is specified in the File: wiki markup? (I know the IMG
tag's <width> and <height> will resizes it anyway). I know its performance hit.

-----------------
Please note: I dont care that this is wrong, the LocalS3Repo extension is
horrible and I dont want to spend any more time combing through 1000s of lines
of code to fix this, I just want images to work.

And also please note: On Heroku the file upload process seems to NOT be able to
upload the thumb file (like cause were running multiple dynos/servers and the
request for generating the thumbnail ends up on a machine that does not have
the image file Or maybe some other reason. Either way, thumbnail generation is
not going to work?? on a multiple-server setup.

Any pointers appreciated. But a pointer tot he code that decides on the URL
based on the File name would bne great.

--
Mike Papper