On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Yan Seiner <y...@seiner.com> wrote:

> I've been working on a wiki for a company.  We are putting all their user
> manuals in wiki format.  Company personnel have been involved with the
> content and presentation but not with the nuts-and-bolts of the editing.
>
> I've been asked to put together a class / training session for the company
> on using the wiki.  These are technical people (engineers, designers,
> mechanics) and their tech knowledge is high, but they really don't have any
> experience with editing and maintaining wiki articles.
>
> I'm sure I'm not the first to do this, so in the best tradition of the
> Internet, I am looking for any tutorials or lesson plans I could use as a
> starting point.
>
> I've already compiled a list of the mediawiki/Help pages and wrote up the
> documentation of my own tweaks; what I need is the basics, introduction,
> examples, and so on to help me structure the class.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Yan

There's always Jon Udell's classic Heavy Metal Umlaut
vid<http://jonudell.net/udell/gems/umlaut/umlaut.html>as well as this
one <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNBahdIAzFo> created by the Mises
Institute as an introduction to its wiki. You might model your approach on
one of those. Perhaps Wikiversity's MediaWiki
page<https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/MediaWiki>could use some
expansion, but I've had trouble figuring out what to write,
given that there are already so many how-tos out there on the topic.