On 11/27/2013 1:06 AM, Steph Zhang wrote:
Tom, thank you for noticing me for that. However I did not specify
such a value in my LocalSettings.php.

VIM: E486: Pattern not found: $wgMaxImageArea fgrep wgMaxImageArea
yields nothing.

What else may I provide for further diagnose?

The file you link to in your first e-mail (link below) is smaller than the default value for $wgMaxImageArea so that's probably not the problem. Nevertheless, it won't hurt to provide a setting for that in LocalSettings.php. I have a private wiki that I upload huge files to and have it set fairly high. It's also my own server, of course, so I don't have to worry about affecting anything else.

http://www.hanfumap.com/wiki/File:Hfcw.jpg

In addition, you might want to set wgMaxShellMemory to something higher than the default (102,400 KB in MW < 1.22, 307,200 KB in MW >= 1.22. I think it highly unlikely that either of those is the actual problem, however, since that file is under 200kb.

What version of MW are you running?
What version of ImageMagick?

Do you have access to the PHP or Web server error logs? Perhaps there is something there that would be helpful. Upload a file and check those logs for entries related to that file upload.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Errors_and_Symptoms#Image_Thumbnails_not_working_and.2For_appearing

--
Henry