Correct, I see how my words can be taken several ways. Right now VE is a
very unstable, bug filled, obnoxious elephant. Given enough time, testing,
and maturity it as a lot of promise.

Right now its like trying to use a rocket like
http://cdn.instructables.com/F9Y/2ONP/F4TLKVHS/F9Y2ONPF4TLKVHS.LARGE.jpg to
land a man on the moon.

I would give VE probably another 18-24 months before its really ready to be
switched on as a default editor for any non-testing wiki.