On Feb 7, 2014 11:10 AM, <y...@seiner.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 07 Feb 2014 16:47:47 +0100, <y...@seiner.com> wrote:
> >
> >> My old users can no longer log in.  This means I no longer have an
admin
> >> user.  Is there any way I can use both the AD users and local users?
> >
> > No idea about this, but you can promote users to admins from
command-line:
> > https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:CreateAndPromote.php

I don't think that's what you want. You just need to promote an LDAP user?

Could adapt create and promote (to just promote)

See also the docs (below)

-Jeremy

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LDAP_Authentication/Configuration_Options#Domain.2C_server_and_connection_configuration_optionssays:

// Allow the use of the local database as well as the LDAP database.
// Mostly for transitional purposes. Unless you *really* know what you are
doing,
// don't use this option. It will likely cause you annoying problems, and
// it will cause me annoying support headaches.
// Warning: Using this option will allow MediaWiki to leak LDAP passwords
into
// its local database. It's highly recommended that this setting not be
used for
// anything other than transitional purposes.
// Default: false
$wgLDAPUseLocal = false;